Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker


« Home | The last mile to a new beginning » | Adding a touch of humour to the cake » | Love is a decision » | The search continues » | All's well ends well » | 3 months to go » | The magic of a white gown » | Our Anniversary » | A full day of posing and smiling » | Big no-no on the wedding day. » 

Sunday, July 30, 2006 

Blooming flowers & therapy day

It has been a very productive day in many ways. Made a visit to the hotel to discuss our timeline for decisions on the menu selection, decorations, food tasting and music licensing permit for the wedding.

Then I went to a florist and was quite impressed with the selection of flowers available. They're quite reasonably priced, for loose stalks at least. I was thrilled to find all the flowers we had in mind readily available - tulips and an assortment of lilies - white calla lily bulbs, white lilies and stargazer lilies. I would have loved to stay longer to look through all the flowers but it was cold in that highly air-conditioned "flower-supermarket". But at least now I know where to find what we want.

Next, I headed for my facial appointment. I can't remember the last time I did one. I'm not a regular at any form of therapy. But since I've been told my skin is dehydrated, I had to start doing something about it now. The beautician didn't think I started early enough, so she worked on me for 2 hours using an intensive hydrating mask she called "quenching thirst". It's the first time I've had a mask made of yogurt put on me. I really enjoyed it.

At the end of the session, she gave me some cream for the eyes and lips, and a blemish control to apply daily. She'll work on the hydrating process and eye treatment once every 3 weeks but I've got to keep my side of the bargain by doing my homework - apply those cream diligently. At the end of it all, she offered me advise on the most natural and free skincare regime to help create a radiant look - drink lots of water, sleep early and be happy. She also suggested an all-time "beauty diet" to follow - less chillies, no cold drinks, less coffee.

During the 2-hour session, we chatted and the topic of makeup come about. It turns out that they do bridal makeup too, and was featured in The Wedding Book. Just then, I recall seeing it in my copy. After seeing more samples and knowing some of their previous happy clients, we're arranging for a trial for both makeup and hairdo, complete with whatever tiara or pearl-drop pins I want. I hope this one works out so that I'll have one less thing to worry about.

On the other side, my better half went home to Muar to see to a couple of things. Little by little, we're starting to put in place all the jigsaw pieces to make this real. As much work as it is to organize a wedding, I think I'll miss all these activities once our big day is done with.

Hope you get what you want - lovely flowers, makeup and hairdo - on your wedding day!

sounds like you are having fun. Mm...who is this beautician? Dermalogica by any chance?
Oh you got to fill me in with all those details...hopefully one day when I need it you will help out. Oh btw, Pei and Pat agreed to be my bridesmaid (special ones as they will be married by then)when I get married one day and you will be the first person I can think of as a wedding planner! haha...I think you are doing fantastically well.

dancing queen, i hope so too...i really have to admit it is quite fun sourcing around and finding reasonable prices. cheap thrill? :P

ju, wow, so fast you've booked them for bridesmaids! hehe. so then i suppose they'll be your maids of honour. i sure would love to help plan your wedding...just tell me when! :) no i didn't use dermalogica. the beautician is a private owned shop called Beauty Haven.

Probably the most well-known Goose Expedition movements when it comes to charms Canada Goose Yorkville Parka realize it's a huge was Pandora appeal bracelet. They are level of quality bits of gems located in gold and also Canada Goose Snow Mantra Parka Eighteen carat weight platinum that happens to be intended to show an individual can style Canada Goose Womens Expedition of her wearing them. Youre able to prefer all your Canada Goose Solaris Parka according to all you decide to wear, not to mention what you love to focus with regards to you with your style together with your Canada Goose Trillium Parka.

Post a Comment

Archives

© 2006 eternity-wedding06.blogspot.com