Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker


« Home | All's well ends well » | 3 months to go » | The magic of a white gown » | Our Anniversary » | A full day of posing and smiling » | Big no-no on the wedding day. » | Photoshoot » | Bridal hairdo and makeup search » | Like a little girl again » | Soft & Curvy » 

Monday, July 17, 2006 

The search continues

I was pretty confident from my previous visit to Bobbi Brown that I liked their makeup style because it was very natural, clean and refreshing. Well, at least it was evident on their bridal brochures, pictures and even on the girls who serve at the counter. So yesterday I finally went for my first bridal makeup trial with them. The girl took pain and patience in trimming and shaping my thick brows, applying extra layers of moisturizer on my skin and doing the makeup. The whole process was about 1.5 hours (including asking her to remove the makeup when we were done observing the look).

She applied one side of the eye a lighter and more natural shade while the other had a darker contour to it and asked which I preferred. The makeup wasn’t quite what I expected. I looked rather messy and appeared to have a tan skin tone instead of a fresh-faced look. The makeup also seemed to have caked up on my face. She explained that it’s because my skin is too dry and therefore not absorbing the powder well, despite the extra layer of moisturizer.

In a way I was rather disappointed that it didn’t turn out well. I paid RM80 for the trial only to eliminate them, but gained a little advice on keeping my skin moist and hydrated. Now I have over 2 months to do something about this – use hydrating masks frequently and apply moisturizer diligently. I admit I haven’t been using a moisturizer for months!

The search for makeup artists continues…

Archives

© 2006 eternity-wedding06.blogspot.com