Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker


« Home | Big no-no on the wedding day. » | Photoshoot » | Bridal hairdo and makeup search » | Like a little girl again » | Soft & Curvy » | Pearly white - Updated » | Barbie & Ken » | Invitation cards » | Cravats for the Groom » | Groom's Attire » 

Saturday, July 01, 2006 

A full day of posing and smiling

We started our day with breakfast before getting to the studio for the photoshoot. I chose 4 gowns - 2 white wedding gowns and 2 evening gowns in yellow and maroon. Ray had matching outfit for each of my gown, too.

When we got to the bridal house, everyone was friendly and I appreciate that very much because Ray and I wanted to be in a light-hearted mood so that we would enjoy the long day ahead. We've heard stories from friends that the photoshoot is a whole day affair and it gets tiring. Nevertheless, we wanted it to be a good day for us. I'm glad that without so much as making an effort to make the best of the day, we were already in high spirits and had countless moments of laughter and secret smiles exchanged between each other. It really warmed my heart.

It all began with putting on my outdoor wedding gown and I was seated to do my make up. I specifically told the make up artist that I want a natural look and as simple as it can get. As she was "painting" up my face, Ray told her that it was the first time he's ever seen me in make up in the 5 years we've been together.

When she was finished with the make up and hairdo, she and her assistant chose jewelries for me. They chose the simplest necklace design they could find as they knew my preference by then. But they had a problem finding earrings because the bridal house stocked up some chunky ones which would probably overshadow the frame of my face. So the ladies decided to make me simple Swarovski-beaded earrings in simple yet pretty designs. I was impressed at their speed at making them on the spot! I was also glad to be getting newly made ones because it meant they were hygenic for me, too.

Ray wore a 3-piece with a vest and tie to match my simple gown and we were well on our way for our outdoor shoot. Our photographer, J, met us then and asked our names. I repeated my name twice but he soon forgot it. I thought it was an easy enough name to remember but apparently not for him. He started calling me Riko throughout the shoot. At first I was rather puzzled as to who he was calling but soon realised it's me. I got used to it and even responded very naturally whenever he called me Riko. Ray thinks that he was calling me Ricoh the camera brand. Well, whatever works for him, just so long as he does a great job.

We went to Sentul West where there is a huge, beautiful garden with very nice landscaping. We took some shots and thank goodness for that because we soon saw security coming our way. He said we needed YTL's permission to take photos in that place. So Ray went up to the office to get approval but was told that we could have 10 hours to do the photoshoot for a hefty price of RM2,000! We thanked them and left. But not before taking a couple more final shots. :P

J recommended we move on to the old KTM building in town to continue our photoshoot. We accepted his recommendation and headed there. We were stuck in traffic for some time. When we got there, it was about time for Friday prayers so traffic was very heavy. J made me stand on the pavement so that he could capture the background of the KTM office building behind me. It was really weird because everyone who was stuck in a jam would probably be looking at this silly girl in a wedding gown, holding her bouquet, and posing for the camera in the middle of a pavement! I burst out laughing during one of the shots because he made me do this real funny pose when I knew people were watching. At the back of J, I saw Ray standing there and laughing, too. But I think he didn't think it was that funny anymore when he too got called up the pavement to do poses with me. Haha!

Our outdoor shots ended pretty quickly but we were glad because it was terribly hot under all that sun and let's face it, the weather in the last week or so have been rather warm. Imagine Ray in 3 layers and choked up in a tie while I had to deal with a wedding gown.

We got back to the studio for indoor shoots. The make up got a little heavier with each gown and I do regret that I let them put too much decoration on my hair. I think I looked quite ridiculous and really should have insisted on simpler hairdos. But what to do, pictures have been taken so I can only hope they turn out alright. Or we'll have to choose pictures where I look like me rather than some unrecognised person even to myself.

I have to say that the indoor shooting were a lot more tiring than the outdoor ones. Simply because we had to pose in certain ways to accentuate body postures. We did some fun and candid shots with funny facial expressions (Ray was asked to do a cock-eyed look but he couldn't!), some classic ones with more sultry looks, some romantic ones and a few silhoutte shots.

All in all, I think we did a little less than 200 shots in a day. At the end of it, we were tired and my back ached. We had little to eat for lunch and Ray was already craving for bak kut teh as we were leaving. We drove far to satisfy that craving and the first spoonful was heavenly.

When I got home, it took me a really long time to fully remove all that make up that was on my face and to shampoo off the colour and hair-spray that left my hair stiff and life-less. I got a good night's sleep and now I can't wait to see how the pictures are going to turn out.

I think you will be awed by the end result. I know I was with mine :) I remember my photo shoot taking almost twelve hours and I was already dead tired by the time we did the last few shots. Yet when the pics were done, even I was floored. The inner happiness will show. :)

i hope we will be awed. *crossing fingers* though it was tiring, now that you think back, it was rather fun and exciting, wasn't it? :)

Oh, I missed your wedding blog! Know why? I bookmarked it on " Bridal Hairdo.." and each time I opened it, it was still that page and I thought you hadn't updated it. Anyways, glad that you enjoyed the photoshoot! I'm sure the pictures will turn out better than expected. It always does. You will look very beautiful..!

dancing queen, haha...hope you've bookmarked the homepage now :) i'll cross my fingers and hope you are right about the result of the photoshoot. crossing toes too!

Who and where is this photoshoot? Mm...seems really good. I guess it is YOU ETERNITY...They should pay you for advertisments..

ju, you flatter me too much! haha. but if i qualify for any advertisements, i won't mind earning a few extra $$. :P

You more than qualify...and oh btw, if they need those background ones don't forget to ask me along. Won't mind earning extras too haha. Still remember Twisties?
Oh btw, you have not told me where this place is?

ju, you're too good to be background material la :) "this place" meaning the bridal house or where we took the pictures?

Post a Comment

Archives

© 2006 eternity-wedding06.blogspot.com