Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker


« Home | Wedding Stationery » | Chinese wedding traditions » | I can't get enough feasting on dresses! » | The Chinese Wedding Tea Ceremony » | Pew bows for church decorations » | Exactly 6 months from today » | The Ring Bearer » | Ring Bearers » | Cheongsam Express » | Bridal Bouquets » 

Monday, April 24, 2006 

Fabric craze

Upon checking that the bridal house’s latest dresses are in store, we went over in the hope of picking out the gowns. To my great disappointment, the designs are just not what I want. They are too elaborate for me. The one simple one that could have been, well it didn’t fit length wise and there was not much that could be done to alter it because it’s got a trailing tail.

I’m told to return earlier next month where more gowns should be in. I’ve pretty much lost confidence that I will find something I like, looking at the trends coming in. I’m not willing to drape myself in something that I feel uncomfortable and awkward. So came Plan B – to tailor the gown. Since I have some ideas in mind of what I would like in a gown, it was quite easy to choose my fabric and colours – a mix of satin and chiffon. It’ll be a very simple dress inspired by a combination of a few designs I like. Whilst it looks alright in my head, I hope the outcome of the real thing won’t be weird or I’ll be doomed.

We’ll be making another long gown for the bridesmaid too and we’ve also chosen the fabric and design. So come this weekend, we’ll all head to the tailor’s and make some gowns! :)

hhmm...seems making is much better but costlier...if you can afford them, go ahead...mail me what you have done so far, i can be of help especially in the dinner ...:)

trying to find a less expensive place to tailor it. coupled with a simple design, i hope it doesn't cost me a fortune. :)

and thanks for your offer, i will be asking for your expert opinion when the time comes soon! :D

hi foodcrazee,

One thing you can help here. Any idea or suggestion on the "theme song/music" for the 1st dish ?

Kitaro and Star Wars a bit stale already.

Thanks man.

Ray ...

I am excited to see your design Carol. Well you are really petite and slim thus no doubt you will find difficulty getting something that you really want. Heard that that is rather diff i you already have the perfect wedding gown in mind. So how does this new one you are making look like? Any templates you have drawn out? ANd one for the bridesmaid as well...wow wow...your wedding ceremony seems to be very well planned. Congrats.
Tayloring is good but thought that is going to be a bit pricey but well go for it if you think that is the best to do! Looking fwd to read more of your postings. Re wedding songs, I actually have a cd in which a friend of mine has created for her wedding 4 years back. Let me go back and see what songs are there and probably we can still some from there!

ju, the design i want is really simple and no i've not drawn it out. my art very bad la :P but you will see me in it when the time comes! hehe.

oh yes, if you have the time, do share with me about the wedding songs. i still haven't done up the list.

i share the same sentiments as you. i just walked into two so called bridal houses along the same row and i had had enuff just trying on i think just about 5 gowns. they cant cater to wat i had wanted. those days they only have mostly can-cans skirts *yarks big time* with plenty of beadings and laces *yarks*. rentals were expensive too since we didn't want any photography.

we ended up going to the corner shoplot drooling over those super bikes hahaha and did not even dare to venture into any bridal houses after that!

eventually i bought my gown at white and lacy. not a new one though... worn once before. rental wud cost rm600 and we paid rm300 extra to bring the gown home!!! best is the gown made of thai silk! woot!

babe-kl, do you look at your dress now and daydream that special day? :) and did you both buy a bike in the end too? hehe.

Post a Comment

Archives

© 2006 eternity-wedding06.blogspot.com